What makes a good dance studio?
Think about what you are looking for in your dance studio. Are you training to be a professional dancer? Are you trying to loose weight? Are you dancing for fun?
Whether its classical ballet or other types of dance that may interest you: modern, contemporary, jazz, tap, hip-hop, acrobatics, lyrical, or even Irish step – a good dance studio should include the following things to ensure that your dance session will be enjoyable and stress free:
- Harlequin Sprung floor – Sprung floors are floor systems that absorbs shocks and lowers impact levels. A sprung floor is considered the best for dance floors and studios, indoor sports, physical education and multipurpose sports halls.
- Full length mirrors – not only are they essential for perfecting form but they add light to any room and crate the perfect atmosphere for a great dance session
- Ballet bars – Ballet barres can provide a useful tool within the dance studio or rehearsal space. A comfortable sturdy barre is almost a prerequisite for dancers of both amateur and professional level and is essential for warming up and stretching exercises, allowing increased blood-flow to the muscles to improve flexibility and reduce injury risk before taking to the dance floor.
- A great PA system – both stereo and iPod docs provide ease and quickness of set up
- Air Conditioning – goes without saying
There are a few studios that have all of the above essentials in their dance studio not only in a convenient location but also for an affordable price.
Location is also important.
Do you want to be able to walk there? Is driving for 30 minutes going to be okay? Is there a convenient train or bus?
Mill Hill Music Complex is in a great location which is only 15mins from Central London by train and Zone 4 on Oyster, the closest station is Mill Hill Broadway.
Dance Studio 21 Specifications
- Dimensions – 9m x 9m
- Pristine full length mirrors
- Natural Daylight
- Can fit up to 30 people with additional dance bars
- Additional sound systems available
Studio 21 is a Fitness & Dance studio and thus ideal for Yoga, Pilates, Circus Skills and Drama
1-3 Hours – £25 per hour
4-7 Hours – £20 per hour
8 or more hours – £18 per hour
Studio 21 special off peak rate £20 per hour after 6pm
Call 020 8906 9991 for bookings and enquiries regarding private studio hire
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org