After three months of silence in Mill Hill, we reopened the Complex from Tuesday 16th June.
From Saturday 4th April we will be open for socially distanced rehearsals. Our website advises the maximum number of people per studio. Any bands exceeding these numbers will be asked to leave. We ask you to observe the 2 metre distance if possible and if observe the 1 metre distance with suitable mitigations such as Facemasks, not facing singers etc.
Until the 4th, we are opening as follow – 1pm-7pm – Tuesday – Saturdays, 11am-5pm Sunday. We request musicians to book via our on line booking system.
Studio 1 will be open for socially distanced solo recording projects, subject to engineer availability.
Studios 2-5, 9-10 will be bookable for solo practice during this period for £5 per hour.
Studio 6-8 will be available for solo practice/solo projects at the normal off peak rate.
Studios 14 and 15 will be opening for solo dance practice for £12 per hour.
Studio 15 will also be opening for solo photographers for £12 per hour.
Studios 17 and 18 will be open for solo piano practice for £6 per hour.
From Sat 4th July.
All studios open, see individual room for guidance on capacity. PLease email us for any bookings as our website has currently not been updated to manage the full reopening hours.
Mondays – Closed
Tuesday – Thursday – 11am to 11pm (Off Peak 11am-6pm)
Friday 11am-6pm – Off Peak
Saturday – Sunday – 11am-6pm – (Off Peak 11am-2pm)
We have implemented various measures for your safety, following feedback from our customers. The measures include
* Hand sanitiser and wipes available in all studios
* Online booking and contactless payments only
* We are afraid we will not be providing microphones at this time. Artists can bring their own and we have microphones for sale.
* All studios have had a deep clean and we will be cleaning studios regularly after use
* Perspex screening has been installed in the studio reception for the protection of staff and customers.
* We will only be opening our disabled toilet initially and will supply antiseptic wipes.
* We will be enforcing a 1 hour gap between sessions in studios, to allow time for cleaning etc. This will be a manual process, so we may ask customers to swap studios where appropriate.
* We have put various markings around and we will ask customers to respect these. Any customer who does not respect the rules will be asked to be leave the site.
* Studio staff have been provided with perspex masks to protect both them and customers.
* We ask customers to observe a two customer rule in reception. We understand that at times customers may enter inadvertently, so we ask for common sense.
* We ask customers to proceed directly to their studio where possible and observe their booking times.
* We will be open for shop sales, but ask customers to come on their own where possible.
* Assistance for customers will be very limited at this time, as most of our support staff are still furloughed.
* We also ask customers to communicate via email where possible as on site staff will be busy.
* The vending machines etc will be available. We ask customers to get what they need and then make their way to their destination ASAP.
* Studios will be cleaned on a daily basis
* Please note that during this period, we will not be accepting free rehearsal vouchers. These will be honoured once we have fully reopened.
Please note that anyone removing hand gel or wipes from studios will be asked to not return.
As we understand that these arrangements may not be as convenient, we have set up a survey, so that you can give feedback on the times and services available. Please complete this, as it will help us give a better service.
We envisage that we will be able to open for socially distanced band rehearsals at some point in July, we will further communicate as details become clearer. We ask for our customers to bear with us. This initial restricted opening is far from ideal for all, but we fully understand that many musicians need to practice before bands can get back together. We anticipate that we will be running at a loss during this period, as there are many overheads, but we think it is important for London’s musicians to have facilities to develop their talents.
Our website has been set up for these solo sessions in the time period. We have restricted bookings to a maximum of 14 days in advance, as we do not know how the arrangements will work out. We believe that these arrangements are safe and practical. Please email us with any comments if you think we can further improve our offering.