Mill Hill Music Complex are pleased to host the London branch of Studio Forcada, created in 2007 by Dr Claudio Forcada. Studio Forcada is a supportive group of teachers, parents and children who have created a wonderful and enjoyable atmosphere for music learning. Unlike many violin schools, Studio Forcada has a thrilling annual agenda that includes the following activities:
- Numerous concerts where children can play in both groups and solo (an average of 10 performance opportunities per academic year).
- Parents meetings every term.
- Two workshops for children (“Scherzo” –in February- and Music in Progress -in August-) with renowned international teachers coming from abroad. These events also attract children and families from all
around Europe and further afield.
- A seminar for string teachers (February): An average of 25 teachers coming from all around Europe and the USA every year.
- Trips and exchanges with other music studios abroad (We are planning a trip to Ireland in Easter, 2018).
Studio Forcada also has its own charity (www.children4music.org) and organise annual concerts on behalf of people who are in special needs such as in hospitals, care homes, etc. Since 2012 it has run “Musica Futura” a project to educate children in Parla, one of the most underdeveloped areas in Madrid (Spain).
Studio Forcada believes that progress, happiness and motivation go together. We are proud of the success of our students as shown by the following achievements:
- Five children, aged 8 to 13, got into the National Children Orchestra of Great Britain (100% of applicants from Studio Forcada have always passed the audition process).
- One child (aged 9) has been awarded with one of the four scholarships that Leverhulme Trust generously gives to the four most outstanding auditions of the year in the UK for the National Children Orchestra of Great Britain.
- One student (aged 9) has been awarded the Cholmely Music Cup and was named Highgate School Musician of the Year (2015).
- Six of our students (100% of applicants) have also been accepted at prestigious institutions such as the Royal College of Music, Royal Academy of Music, Purcell School (all in London) and Chetham’s School of Music (Manchester), after succeeding at their auditions.
- One of our students (aged 9) has got the first prize at the Hatfield and District Music Festival and has also been awarded with the William Chapman Memorial Prize as the most promising string player aged 14 and under.
- One student has been awarded with the prestigious music scholarship at the Highgate School (London).
- One student has got the Haberdashers’ Aske’s Music Award
- One student got the highest possible mark at an audition for the Highgate School.
- One of our students has gained the highest distinction ever recorded for a Newton Prep School based ABRSM exam.
- Two of our students have been awarded 1st and 2nd prize at the same class at the Oxford Music Festival (2017).
- Two students have been awarded with the first prize at the duet class (age 12 and above) at the North London Music Festival (2017).
- Every year our students are awarded with the first prize in different classes at the North London, Hatfield and Oxford Music Festivals.
- Our students have always succeeded at the ABRSM exams (grades 1 to 8).
For us it is essential that every new student and his/her family feel identified and comfortable with the ethos of Studio Forcada.
Thus, the procedure before we accept any new student is to meet the parents so we can discuss about our teaching style, how the studio works, aims, expectations, terms and conditions.